Have fun with the kids and make this savoury cake out of spaghetti! It's packed full of flavour and delicious ingredients like cherry tomatoes, spinach and cheese.
- 150ml half-fat crème fraiche
- 150ml single cream
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 60g mature cheddar, grated
- 300g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 200g baby-leaf spinach
- 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a large bowl, mix together the crème fraiche, single cream, eggs and half the cheeses. Season and set aside. Kids will love doing this.
- Cook the spaghetti until it almost cooked but still with a good bite – 2 or 3 minutes less than the suggested cooking time on the packet. Drain, run under cold water to stop it cooking, drain again and set aside.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a 24cm ovenproof frying pan, add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Add the bacon and fry for another 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add the spinach and allow to wilt for a minute or 2. Remove from the heat, then mix this and the cooked spaghetti with the cream mix. Kids will love mixing everything together in a big bowl.
- Add a little more olive oil to the frying pan, tip in the mixture and level the surface. Top with the remaining cheese and the halved cherry tomatoes. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden on top and the filling has almost set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the frying pan for 10 minutes.