YUMMY festive rice snap Christmas trees to make…
Great for children who we are sure will love to get involved with these super cute little trees! They almost look too good to eat!
- 45g butter
- 300g white marshmallows
- 180g rice snaps
- 200g icing sugar
- green food colouring
- assorted sweets for decoration
- greaseproof paper
* In a large saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and add the yummy marshmallows.
* Stir until completely melted and then remove from the heat.
* Add the rice snaps and stir until totally coated.
* Cover your hands with a thin layer of butter and then work quickly to form cones which are approximately 80mm high.
* Place them on the greaseproof paper to set.
* Mix the icing sugar and green colouring and drizzle nicely over the cones, or if they are well set and easy to handle, you can turn them upside down and dip them, then leave to dry.
* Attach a rolo trunk (or similar) to the base with icing and decorate with M & Ms or other chocolate balls and sweets. Put a small dab of icing where you want them, and press into place.
Food colourings are moving towards using natural colours and are may be not as vibrant as they used to be. Use a food colouring gel as this may be brighter.